In Christchurch, we are lucky enough to have a beautiful little vegetable garden that grows enooormous zucchinis! They are so good you can actually eat them raw! But today, let’s try this delicious receipe of zucchini chutney
- 1 kg of diced zucchini (remove the biggest seeds)
- 1 big onion
- 1 diced apple
- 250g of brown sugar
- 250ml of white wine vinegar
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of english mustard
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes- 1 tsp of salt
- Spices (ginger, coriander seeds, mixed herbs… be creative!)
Place all the ingredients in a big pot then simmer uncovered on medium heat for 45-55min until the mixture get thicker. Stir regularly. Pour in a jar and refrigerate when it’s cool.
Enjoy this zucchini chutney with cheese and crackers or with a good red meat!